Office Policy Regarding Prescription Refills
- Please allow at least 3 working days to refill a prescription.
- Controlled substance prescriptions must be mailed or picked up; please plan accordingly. Controlled substances are stimulant medication such as Vyvanse, Adderall, Concerta and Focalin.
- For non-controlled substances, please contact your pharmacy to initiate the refill process, even if there are no refills authorized.
- For controlled substances, please contact Dr. Sabin’s office directly.
- When refilling prescriptions, please do your best to consolidate requests.
- Failure to consolidate prescription requests (i.e., calling for a refill today for one prescription and then realizing several days later you need another prescription filled) may result in an administrative processing fee of $15 which is not billable to insurance.
- Urgent refill requests or requests received with less than three working days notice may be subject to a $15 administrative processing fee which is not billable to insurance.
Dr. Sabin works at a different clinic on Wednesdays and is not able to refill prescriptions on that day.
Office Financial Policy
- All charges are the client’s/responsible party’s responsibility. Clients who have health insurance should remember that professional services are rendered and charged to the patient, not the insurance company. Although we will assist you in billing your insurance plan, we cannot render services on the assumption that our charges will be paid by the insurance company.
- Appointments which are broken or canceled on short notice (usually 24 hours notice or less) will be charged a $50 missed appointment fee. Subsequent repeat cancellations or no shows may be billed as a regular appointment. Appointments that are not kept cannot be billed to your insurance carrier and are paid for directly by the client/responsible party.
- Medical and psychiatric services may be covered by insurance carriers. Many insurance companies provide limited coverage for mental health services. The client/responsible party is asked to review this coverage with the insurance carrier prior to securing services.
- The client/responsible party is responsible for co-payment amounts and deductibles as set by the insured’s benefit plan. Co-payments are due and payable at each appointment.
- The client/responsible party is responsible for obtaining prior authorization for treatment from the insured’s insurance carrier.
- All evaluations, treatment, or parent coordination services related to legal matters will require a deposit prior to services beginning. These services are not billable to insurance.
- Any account with a balance over 90 days past due may be referred for collections action. If there is a problem with timely payment of your account, the client/responsible party is expected to contact the bookkeeper to resolve the issue.
- Arrangements for budget payment plans may be made individually with the bookkeeper. Minimum acceptable payments will be 50% or greater of the charges being accrued monthly.
- Services provided by Dr. Sabin or by office staff which require extensive time outside of scheduled appointments such as email consultations, telephone consultations, meetings with ancillary providers, attorneys, or teachers, repeated prescription refill requests, and preparation of written communication will be billed separately from the appointment fees. These are services outside the usual scope of treatment and are not covered by insurance companies.
- The parent who secures services for the child will be the responsible party for the account. Authorization will be required from the parent to submit claims for any insurance benefits they may carry and have benefits assigned to this office.
- At any time during treatment should the client become ineligible for insurance coverage, the client/responsible party will notify this office immediately. The client/responsible party will become responsible for 100% of the bill.
Office Scheduling and Billing for Non-Court Ordered Therapy
- The custodial parent must schedule the initial appointments for the client. The non-custodial parent will be notified of Dr. Sabin’s involvement and will be asked to complete some paperwork and provide history regarding the child(ren) or the non-custodial parent’s concerns.
- The custodial parent will be billed for all services provided to the client, including appointments by the non-custodial parent. The custodial parent will be held solely responsible for all charges incurred as a result of therapy. If a court order indicates that both parents are responsible, then the custodial parent and the non-custodial parent will reconcile their respective responsibilities separately from our office.
- Occasionally it is necessary for Dr. Sabin to schedule a phone call with a non-custodial parent to obtain history. Phone calls are not billable to insurance. Charges for these types of phone calls will be billed to the custodial parent.
- All charges are billed to one account, no matter who is involved in the appointment, because all charges are for the benefit of the child(ren).
- If there is billable insurance for the child(ren), all therapeutic appointments will be billed using that insurance. This includes appointments with or that include the non-custodial parent as they are for the benefit of the child(ren).